Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome Author of the Day~ D.Youngblood !

Hi,guys ! Welcome back to another week of Author of the Day!

Meet D.Youngblood:


I currently reside in Pennsylvania with my wonderful and supportive husband of twelve years and my most awesome computer genius step son. Between working two jobs I am writing my first novel, a New Adult/Comtempary Romance. Finally a story that has been in my head for years is being put to paper. When I am not working or writing you can find me in a corner of the sofa with myr kindle.I love choclolate, love to read, shop, and have an occasional glasss of wine or a Stella Artois.


Check out Youngblood and keep up with her future writings: 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/D-Youngblood-Author/363603683759679
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7072981.Devon_Youngblood




Coming Back To You


Maura is a twenty three year old who is still coping with her parents' sudden death two years ago. She recently graduated from college and now has her own catering business. A best friend-roommate who has been there through it all and helps make life manageable.
Until first love Pierson Hammer comes walking back into her life.
Pierson has demons of his own, after serving in the military for five years. Tormented from his past and present. he comes home hoping to make amends with Maura.
Can Maura forgive Pierson for leaving her all those years ago? Can she trust him with her future? Will she open herself up completely?



Chapter One
Copyright 2013 @ Devon Youngblood 


Maura

"Maura are you ready?" Ruby says knocking on my bedroom door. Ruby and I have been roomates for about a year and best friends since the 9th grade. So after college, we decided to just rent a house together.
I give myself a once over in the mirror. My blond hair is hanging down my shoulders with some soft curls at the ends. My makeup is done and I have on a pair of skinny jeans with a loose red top that hangs off one shoulder and black knee high boots.
"Okay I'm coming out" I say hesitantly. I know Ruby is getting antsy.

"Oh you look great Maura. It’s been awhile since we last went out." She puts her arm around my shoulder. She and I have been super busy securing our employment after college and getting our place together. I just recently opened my catering business and have been busy with everyone in town booking their events. She now manages a nail salon not far from my catering office. Finally we have a moment to go out before the summer craziness starts.
"Single and ready to mingle" I say cheerfully. Ruby has her long copper hair in a ponytail and dark makeup on. She is wearing a shiny silvery top and dark wash jeans along with silver high heels. She is the stark contrast to me. She is easy to get along with and she will talk to just about everyone she meets. Her family is well off and respected in the community and they have been like a family to me since my parents died.
We arrive at the club Aurora. The place is hopping and it immediately puts me in party mode. Ruby motions me to follow her as she spots a table of two of her coworkers that she invited to meet up with. Clara is a tiny brunette with green eyes. And Lena is a brown hair brown eyed girl that has curves and height that works to her advantage. "It’s so nice to see you both again" I scream over the crowd. "Likewise" Lena says. Of course Ruby secured us a VIP table. We order a round of drinks. The club just opened up about six months ago and Ruby and I have been dying to come here. The dance floor is the center of attraction the bar is off to the left of the dance floor.
Looking over to the bar area I think I see a familiar face. My heart beats rapidly but I can't see his face clearly, I am too far away. "Maura, come on." Ruby says dragging me on the dance floor, now I can't see him. I push the thought out of my head thinking I must be seeing things. The music is fast and has my heart pounding. We start swinging our hips and pumping our arms in the air when a guy named Trevor approaches us. He is quite good looking. He has light blond hair that a little long on the top, light blue eyes and a really nice build and is about 6 foot tall. I am enjoying the music and atmosphere.

The five of us are dancing when suddenly Ruby's face turns ashen. "Ruby what’s wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost. Hello, earth to Ruby." I say snapping my fingers in her face.

"Okay Maura, don't freak out but I think I just saw Pierson." my stomach suddenly in knots. I ask "the Pierson Hammer?" just to be sure I heard her right.
Pierson is the guy I dated in high school for about three and a half years. After high school he joined the marines. He said he didn't want that life for me. I was severely heartbroken that he ended things and left without another word. I finally moved on when I went to college that fall. I always thought Pierson was my one true love and knew I wouldn't find another even close to him.
I turn the direction Ruby is looking. "Yep, that is definitely Pierson." I see him from the back. He is easy to spot since he is so tall and broad shouldered, same short haircut but just a little longer on the top and same tattoo on his upper arm. I am at a loss as to what to do. I start to panic.
"Well stop fucking staring. We have to go. Now!" I tell the other’s we have to go. Now I am pulling Ruby through the crowd and to the exit door as fast as I can.
"Do you think he saw us?" I ask nervously as we enter the car.
"No I don't think so." Ruby replies
"What the hell? Why is he back?" I ask not really wanting an answer. Ruby just throws her hands up and shakes her head.
"Well we will not speak any more about this now. I need to sleep on it."
Shit! Shit! Shit! Pierson fucking Hammer is back in town. He looked the same yet different, more grown. His brown hair looked a little longer. Just long enough to run my hand through it. I need to stop thinking about him. I am clearly buzzed from the drinks and seeing him. I finally get my life together and my head is in a good place. And then Pierson magically reappears fucking everything up for me. This is just great. Instead of going to sleep I think back to the time I was with Pierson.
We were in high school. We met at a school dance. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when he asked me to dance to a slow song. I had a huge crush on him but never thought I'd have a chance with him and he told me he had felt the same way. We had a special connection one of those connections that are hard to explain He was kind, romantic, funny and we could talk for hours at a time. Of course my parents didn't approve of the relationship. But instead of driving us away they must have figured it wouldn't last. After a year together we decided we wanted to be each other's first. It happened one night when his mom was out of town and his dad was stationed in Germany. He tried to make it special and had lit candles and soft music playing. It was a little uncomfortable because we didn't know what we were doing, but we were happy about doing it together.

He had always dreamed of being a marine, as most of the men in his family including his father have been in the marines. I just wasn't prepared for him to go away, and he ended things with us. I guess he didn't want to feel like he had to drag me along.
Now my head is pounding and my heart hurts thinking about it. I dream about those green eyes piercing into mine. It is intense and I can’t look away from them. Neither one of us will break the trance. He is mesmerizing and I try to blink him away when finally the eyes disappear.


Head on over to Goodreads and add it to your TBR list ! 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17874072-coming-back-to-you

No comments:

Post a Comment