Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Author of the Day ADA SLOWE !!!

I'm super excited about featuring Ada today..Not only is she an author but she devotes her time to  promoting many other authors as well as herself. Just from what I've seen you can tell this is a kind and talented writer that wants to see others succeed as well. So here she is...

Ada Slowe :


I’m not like any twenty year old I know, in fact I’m very different than most my age. While most people my age like to party, and go out, I like to stay in with my laptop and write. That’s not to say I don’t know how to have a good time, because even a writer needs a break sometimes. I’ve got amazing friends and such a great support system, and I don’t know where I’d be without it.
I grew up in a small town called Newfield, New York. At the age of fourteen, I moved to Florida, which is where I met my inspiration to become a writer. I’ve been writing since I was ten years old but It wasn’t until I met my former English teacher, Shay Kastanis, that I decided I had it in me to pursue it as a career. She’s supported me since the moment I told her I wanted to be a writer and I could never ask for more than that.
I discovered my talent and love of writing at a little shy of the age of ten. Young, right? I hear that a lot. In my opinion though, it doesn’t matter the age, it matters of how great the story is. And without writing, I honestly don’t know where I’d be. Writing isn’t just a hobby for me, it’s a passion, and it’s my reason for breathing. People say we’re all put in this world for a reason, and well writing is mine. It’s the one thing in my life that I can always count on to make me happy. I was introduced to writing because of events that were occurring in my life when I was a child, and I found it to be a great outlet. I started with poetry, but eventually progressed to novels and the honest truth is, now I just can’t stop writing books. I get told a lot by a good friend of mine that I’m a writing machine. I have an overactive mine and once I get an idea, I can’t stop. And more than that, I get too many ideas at the same time. While I’m writing though, I become obsessed with my own characters. They consume me, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
The first time I ever let anyone read my original work, was very nerve racking for me, and the truth is, I think that it’s always going to be that way for me. Sometimes I overthink and worry about things that I shouldn’t. I’m the type of person who wears my heart on my sleeve, and so I feel everything that gets thrown my way. Like any other writer, I do doubt myself at times, but overall, I’m pretty confident in myself and in my writing. And when I get told things like I’m a good writer that makes my day. Since starting my author page, I’ve even got people disappointed because my book isn’t published yet and that means more to me than my “fans” will ever know. Still trying to get used to the word fans.
My biggest writing inspiration is Nicholas Sparks, I love his books and writing styles. I love how he doesn’t just have one style, he goes from first to third person. He’s a captivating writing and I can only hope to be as great as him someday.
I tend to write a bit darker though. I mean I’m all for reading romance, but my romances that I write always tend to have a lot of darkness in them, Maybe it’s just my twisted mind, but I just think it makes for a better story.

I’ve only ever written for myself, I think it’s important for any writer who wants to write to do that. If you start writing for fame, that’s when you lose yourself. It’s when your stories become less than your greatest work. If I ever find myself writing for other people, I think I’d give up writing. And the honest truth is, to me writing is not a competition, it’s something you do because you love it, because without it you wouldn’t know how to function and that’s how it is with me.


Links:


Take a sneak peek at The Power of Love:

“I’ve been fighting these feelings for you, Ian for the past few weeks, I don’t want to fight them anymore. I need you, in every way. Don’t think, just make love to me.” Allison spoke, surprising herself, as she brought her lips to his.
Deciding not to take caution any longer, Ian lifted her in his arms, allowing her to wrap her legs around his waist. The overwhelming need to have her surfaced through him as she pulled away to gaze at him, her eyes full of hunger. Ian could tell in the moment, that she wanted him as much as he wanted her.
Traveling up the stairs, with Allison still wrapped around his waist, Ian couldn’t help but to feel a rush of guilt come over him. It wasn’t about Lucas, or the fact that he was betraying a friend. The guilt of how badly he’d hurt Allison years ago and how she so easily forgave him. Was it just that simple? Right now, he just didn’t care.
Kicking the door closed behind him, he set Allison on her feet against it.
“I’ve missed you. This being away from you, longing for your touch all these years.” Ian began, but Allison placed a finger over his mouth, she didn’t want to talk. She needed him, she only wanted to be with him the way she’d longed for all this time.
Ian stared at Allison in glory as she unbuttoned each button on his shirt, then pulled it off. God he was still as firm as he ever was. Although, the thing she noticed most was the tattoo of a cross on the right side of his upper chest.
Not giving her a chance to see it exactly what was written in the cross, Ian turned her around so she was no longer facing her, to unzip her black dress. When it hit the floor, he trailed soft kisses against her shoulder, pulling her bra strap farther down her arm. She closed her eyes in a moment of weakness and before she could turn around, she was again in his arms, as he brought her to the bed. She scooted up then bed, as Ian followed, need in both of their eyes. It had been years since either of them were this close to anyone. Sure they both had someone in their life, but it wasn’t as intense as it was with the two of them. It was passion, fire, unconditional love.
“Come here.” Allison said as she lay in nothing but her bra and panties. Ian knelt on the bed, contemplating on doing the right thing or being with Allison. He was a selfish man, but could he really do this to her knowing how much she cared?
He never had a chance to answer is unspoken thoughts, as Allison made them for him, leaning up, unbuckling his pants until he was wearing nothing but his boxer briefs. He wrapped his arms around her, on hand searching for her bra so he could unclasp it. And when he did, a hope that this night would never end came over him.
“Just stop going so slow, Ian. I want this, I want you. Now get over your fear, stop hesitating, don’t think about the rest of the world, and just make love to me. I want you. Ian Anderson, I never stopped loving you.”
With the final words, Ian rid them both of the rest of their clothes, then obeyed to her wishes. He didn’t care any longer about the worries that ran through his mind. Allison begged him to make love to her, and that was what he was going to do.


Check Ada out on Goodreads and add The Power of Love to your TBR !
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17839447-the-power-of-love

No comments:

Post a Comment