Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Author of the Day: Patty Maximini

Welcome Author Patty Maximini !


About Patty


Words have always been a passion of mine. I’ve always loved to read them, write them and learn them in other languages. Last year, I’ve decided to take that passion and turn it into a book, the result was Exception, my very first novel due this October.
Whenever I’m not sitting behind my computer, I’m either enjoying the company of my dear hubby, Alex, and our four four-legged babies or reading. I’m a firm believer in long hand written letters, love of any kind and good stories.




Blog: pattymaximini.com
Twitter: @pattymaximini





Exception: **Release Date: October/2013**

Description:

With her life packed in boxes in the back of a U-Haul truck and a promise to her sister, Charlotte, that she’d find a way to let go and be happy, Emily crossed the country to escape the haunting memories of her past.

As she settles into her new life, Emily holds true to her promise and begins to open her walls to those around her and overtime, she selectively begins to trust again. However, some wounds are too great to overcome, and between her recurring nightmares and her fear of even the slightest physical contact, she wonders if she will ever heal completely.

In walks Taylor, a handsome out of towner, with his own past to overcome. Against all odds, an undeniable special friendship forms almost instantly between the two. Not minding his company or touch, Emily is jolted into realization that he is her healing, her strength, her protection and her escape from her daunting past.
He is her exception.



...A little Teaser ! 

*****

After countless hours of driving a U-Haul truck and holding back her emotions, the combination of weak coffee, a greasy grilled cheese sandwich and boxed cheesecake, was like a meal of the gods to Emily. Wanting to get away from the eyes of too many truckers, she cleaned her plate in record time and asked for the bill. Fishing for her wallet in her overstuffed purse, she found a red envelope with her name written in black ink in a hand script that was as familiar to her as her own. Tears tickled her eyes as she opened it and removed the handwritten letter stored inside.

Dear Emmy,
As I’m writing this letter to you, you’re in your bedroom packing up your things to move across the country and farther away from me than we’ve ever been in the past 26 years. I would be lying if I said I’m not sad by your leaving, I am… I’m so sad Sissy. But, I know that it’s the best for you.

Watching you suffer for the past year has been hell, you didn’t deserve going through all of that. Growing up, I’ve always tried my best to shield you from all the shit we went through and even though it didn’t always work, I know I’ve tried. But this time, I didn’t see it coming and therefore I did nothing. Even with you saying that it wasn’t my fault, I’ll never be able to forgive myself for that. I’m the big sister and should have kept you from harm.

I’m so sorry that you’re hurting and I do hope that Connecticut brings you the peace and the fresh start that California brought me. I hope that in your new city, where you have no bad memories and no sadness involved, you find happiness and love. But for that I must ask you, my beloved Sissy, that you work on your fears and allow the right people to be a part of your life.

As hard it must be for you to believe it, there are good people in this world, people that will add to your life and not take from you, people that will laugh and cry with you instead of laugh at you and make you cry for them, some of them will even share your pain and will never hurt you intentionally. And one day you may even find people that will complete you and make your shitty past worthwhile, like Chuck did to me.

Please believe that and open up!

I’m not telling you to be careless and allow just anyone in, after all that would be extremely stupid giving our track record. But I believe - even if you don’t - that you will find your way through this life if you listen to your gut. So go with it.

You’ve already made your peace with becoming a hermit, so you’ve got nothing to lose by making things difficult for those who try to be around you. Stand your ground, keep your wits, principles and values, show people that your standards are as high as your heels and you won’t take crap, even if it means you’ll be alone.

Now to those that want to be around you even after all that, LET THEM!! You are so amazing and you deserve so much love – note that I’m not saying romance, I’m saying love. Make friends, love them and allow them to know you and love you like I do.

I love you so much and miss you already.

With all my love…

Charlotte.


No comments:

Post a Comment